Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-19-2020, 09:36 AM)michaeltex Wrote: 3 questions for a Monday morning:

1. Is the $115MM salary cap a firm number now? Or is it still under negotiation?
  2. What is the timing on some of the player option/team option decisions? Mainly wondering if there is a clock ticking on when THJ has to make his decision. I assume all the capholds are instantly erasable at any time by the team. 
  3. I see V Oliadipo has announced that he expects a max salary for his next contract. He's a good player, but that seems a stretch to me. With that expectation, doesn't it make him almost untradeable? 

I agree, these are the questions. Here's my thinking on them right now. 

1. I'm not sure it's final yet, but it seems like the cap will be in the range of $109-115 million. That seems pretty safe. 

2. No idea. Lots of questions here lately about that. Would love to know, and I can't believe Fish hasn't reported exact dates.

3. I think he's tradable, even if it's just to move the contract. ALL expiring contracts have availability, especially with 2021 looming large. I agree that his value as a piece to include in future plans is much lower than fans think, because of the contractual issues you mention and because he hasn't really been a good player since coming back. The contract is GOLD, though.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by KillerLeft - 10-19-2020, 10:13 AM