Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-18-2020, 06:54 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: https://nbamath.com/crystalbasketball-ra...r-2019-20/

Unless I'm missing something, this article doesn't do much of a job stating or defending its criteria. Who even were "the evaluators?"

The article comes from a site called NBA math, but the only thing I saw as far as criteria is the following:

"All players—classified by the team for which they last appeared, even if they were since waived or released in some alternative fashion—were graded on the following scale by each evaluator, and ties between players with identical averages were broken by sorting the scores from best to worst and propping up the men who had the highest mark at any point in the top-down progression:

1. Shouldn’t Get Minutes

2. End-of-Bench Pieces

3. Depth Pieces

4. High-End Backups

5. Low-End Starters

6. Solid Starters

7. High-End Starters, Non-All-Stars

8. All-Star Candidates

9. All-NBA Candidates, Non-MVP Candidates

10. Lesser MVP Candidates

11. MVP Frontrunners

12. Best Player in the League (only one player could earn this grade on each ballot)"
Sorry, but to me this reads like they asked several people to give their OPINIONS of each player, based on the "scale" above. It doesn't seem to be routed in anything mathematical at all, as far as I can see. Not sure there's much validity to this, as we don't even know who these "evaluators" are. I mean, one of us could have participated, for all we know.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by KillerLeft - 10-18-2020, 11:43 AM