Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-17-2020, 08:23 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 07:23 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 05:58 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The lack of reports at this point suggests to me that the ESPN report on the player option deadlines for THJ and WCS being today was inaccurate.  Sad

You have your answer on this, you just aren't buying it for some reason.

Come on, man. There was a report, just days ago, on ESPN that today was the day.

I guess you just don't buy ESPN for some reason. On a certain level, I don't blame you.

I never saw that mentioned in the ESPN Insider story that opened on the link I looked at.  I certainly could have missed it, but if it was there, it was outdated information that predated the draft being moved to November.

Regardless, I’ve posted at least half a dozen times that the final option date will be after the draft.  It always is.  There are specific players with earlier dates in their contracts, but the final option date is always after the draft.  One of the more interesting details of setting all the dates for things is they literally have to set a date for every option that had a contract clause for a June date that is earlier than the draft.  Teams negotiated those dates for specific reasons and the league has to try to be true to the intent despite the consolidated schedule.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-17-2020, 10:43 PM