Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-12-2020, 11:29 AM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 11:35 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 07:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, we’ve talked it all to death. 

For giggles, I just read through an off season thread on an Orlando Magic Forum. I wanted to see what the current temperature is on Isaac and his injury. Let me tell you all this: there are far worse teams to be following right now than the Mavericks. Those dudes are miserable.

I'd love to flip Powell and Jackson for Gordon and make their life just a bit more miserable when RC has him starting living up to his potential lol. 

As a fall back option, I'd love to flip those guys into AG as a sort of reclamation project.

You are severely underrating Aaron Gordon's market value. He is not a guy they have to dump for our trash. Magic can get back a good player or two and/or pick(s) for AG if they decide to move him which they don't have to do right now. He still has 2 years left on his deal at very reasonable money.

Sorry for the super delayed reply... But I believe you are over valuing it. 
AG has been a mediocre player at best on a 20 mill a year deal. Highly inefficient as well. 

Word on the street last trade deadline was that they were trying to move on from AG and couldn't find any takers. Literally nobody wanted him. Now there are obvious reasons for that. It's harder to do a deal in season salary matching wise... and Gordon himself is a project. It's not going to be a fit in season so why trade anything helping you now? 

I mean it's anecdotal but it's pretty telling that it is known AG was/is on the trade block, Mavs have a forward need, and fans here aren't really wanting him. We love OPJ around here even so our standards aren't high lol. Even I said he's a fall back option. And I've openly wanted him for years.

(10-14-2020, 08:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 08:32 PM)Kammrath Wrote: For the record:

I almost 100% support how the Mavs approach team-building and give them the benefit of the doubt in almost every instance....

...BUT how they often treat the draft pisses me off. And I do not understand how they do not seem to learn from their mistakes there over the years.

I agree in a general sense. I’m just not sure this is the year to get pissed off about it.

To add to this... We've had a lot of time to sit here and dissect prospects. I think it's a decent crop of depth but it's not a super strong draft class. Additionally less tape, less workouts, etc make it harder to evaluate. 

Additionally less development time this offseason makes it that much harder to have them contribute. And the Mavs are hoping to be as good as possible for FA next summer, regardless of Giannis. Lots of good talent there. 

And lastly this is one of the few times in the next few years we'll actually be able to trade the first and teams are probably a bit more desperate due to financial issues. 

It's a great time to be a buyer I think.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by cjeter24 - 10-17-2020, 01:38 PM