Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-17-2020, 08:22 AM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 01:40 AM)Branduil Wrote: Of course if they could trade #18+Wright+Powell for Dipo that would be even better.

Even better would be Wright+Powell+Jackson for 1990's era Jordan in his prime!

Yeah, the moment I see Powell in a deal, I stop reading.  It isn't going to happen before other teams see him in game action.

I don't disagree regarding THJ making some sense for Indy.  But, they have a guy in Lamb making $10mm who could start at SG.  Also, Brogdon is tall enough to play the big guard position next to a smaller PG like Holiday or McConnell (we saw it in Milwaukee).  I think Maxi fills the bigger need and saves more money.  Indy's only pick this draft is #54, so getting into the mid first would be something they'd covet.  

The other thing trading Maxi for expiring Dipo does is reduce 2021 salary.  If you assume a secondary deal involving Wright for an expiring player, you suddenly have Giannis money in 2021.  Of course, it would cost you losing THJ and Dipo.  But, you were always going to have to jettison some current rotation players to get to Giannis money.  Or, maybe you go for Jrue in free agency if Dipo doesn't work out.  Of course, the best situation of all is Dipo plays well and you keep him and THJ and WCS and Holiday and Young for a while longer.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-17-2020, 08:35 AM