Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-17-2020, 02:23 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:  
I’m telling you guys, they’re NOT trying to get Covington’s or OPJ’s right now. I don’t think they believe the roster is even ready for those guys to make a difference, and after watching the teams who advanced in the playoffs, I totally understand why and agree with them. Secondary playmaker. Secondary playmaker. Secondary playmaker. This is why we need to be thinking Oladipo, Holiday, Hayward, etc.

The Ringer does do a good job with podcasts.  Thanks for posting the spots to listen.  I agree on the need for playmaking.  The trick is figuring out the right amount of playmaking from someone who is also good off the ball. 

Something I find interesting is the way sentiment has shifted this week.  We were discussing team Powder be Damned deals that would add money, then suddenly there's a media story about 2021 and we are back to Plan Powder.  Then someone says Cuban is willing to take on money.  Then someone says we might extend THJ.  Now we are talking HIBW's guys like Dipo.  As I've said many times, we have three paths and we are probably going to be bouncing back and forth among them until something actually happens.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-17-2020, 08:21 AM