Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-16-2020, 07:01 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Why are you quoting a February article? Ancient speculative news.

If THJ gets extended at anywhere near his current salary, then Donnie needs to be fired.

Fish tricked me on Twitter

(10-17-2020, 07:41 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Courtney Lee  is not a trade asset. He will be lucky to get a minimum offer from some team. How many more times will this ridiculous idea be brought up? Confused

I believe the same as Dan is that Mavs will pay him something extra bc a) they like him and b) they could use salary matching in some deals later on. I don't think they will do something crazy like pay him 10 mil just to give them more salary to swap at the TDL. I could definitely see the Mavs giving him 5 mil though. There is no penalty for them to do so other than it comes out of Cubes' bank account.

(10-17-2020, 07:14 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Here is my question though.  Is THJ really the guy we want to give away and the guy Indy wants? 

Not sure but I bet that's the offer. THJ and Dipo at least play the same position and salary works pretty cleanly. 18 + THJ for Dipo would be amazing, I would be willing to part with 31 as well. I really think that deal puts us in the running for Dipo.

Again they might get a better deal somewhere else but this is a competitive offer.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by StepBackJay - 10-17-2020, 08:07 AM