Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-17-2020, 01:58 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Marc Berman of the New York Post provided the report:
"If point guard Chris Paul makes his way to the Knicks via a trade, sources have said Anthony is likely to want to follow. Anthony and Paul are close friends and have dreamed of playing together on an NBA team.
[i]"Both players were represented by Knicks president Leon Rose when he was basketball chief of Creative Artists Agency. A source said Rose is amenable to an Anthony return even without Paul."[/i]

I think both parts of this are likely.  Agent relationships matter.

(10-17-2020, 07:41 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Courtney Lee  is not a trade asset. He will be lucky to get a minimum offer from some team. How many more times will this ridiculous idea be brought up? Confused

Watch and learn.

Why else would they keep an injured player who rarely plays on the playoff roster when they were already thin?  Lee provides trade flexibility this off season.  If Cuban pays the first $5mm of $7.65mm, then Lee is a minimum wage guy at his years of service.  If you assume we want to keep THJ, then we really don't have many expiring contracts.  Lee is a perfectly legal way to manufacture an expiring deal.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-17-2020, 07:42 AM