Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-17-2020, 01:40 AM)Branduil Wrote: I think THJ+#18 for Dipo would be a risk worth taking. I would bet on Dipo regaining his all-star form before betting on THJ maintaining his play AND the pick turning into a solid rotation player.

Of course if they could trade #18+Wright+Powell for Dipo that would be even better.

Oladipo is kind of a HIBW’s kind of move in that he’s expiring and you can move on if it doesn’t work.  He’s the secondary playmaker that is needed in the starting lineup and can certainly be a 15 ppg scorer they’ve said they want.

Here is my question though.  Is THJ really the guy we want to give away and the guy Indy wants?  Seems to me THJ still fits just fine in a lineup with Dipo and Doncic (sounds like a podcast).  Lineups were just about as successful with him at SF as they were with him at SG.  Indy has a gaping hole at PF.  Seems to me they would start with Maxi and 18 and then fill in from there.  They have a ton of PG’s, so Wright probably isn’t a priority.  Why not just fill in the needed money with Lee.  Lee’s salary would have to be $7.65mm.  What I’ve mentioned before is the most logical salary for Lee is $5mm above the minimum so that Cuban could pay $5mm and Lee would cost the team that gets him a net cost of about the Vet Min...Bingo.

I know, I know.  Everyone loves Maxi.  But, we still have Jackson, 31 and Wright to play with.  Go back to the Thaddeus Young deal that has been talked about (He built a home in WEST LAKE last year) and your big rotation of KP/Young/WCS/Powell is just fine even without Maxi (plus DFS will get some minutes at PF).  I’d throw an overpayment of most of the MLE at Justin Holiday to get him to agree to a 1 year deal.  Result is good defenders in KP, Young, DFS, Holiday and Oladipo, good playmaking in Luka, Oladipo, Brunson, Curry and Young (yes Young).  Good PnR bigs everywhere and good 3 point shooting everwhere:

KP/WCS
Young/Powell
THJ/DFS/Holiday
Oladipo/Curry
Luka/Brunson
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-17-2020, 07:14 AM