Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-16-2020, 03:27 PM)omahen Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 03:22 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I bet that´s exactly what Pat Riley plots in Miami right now.

You lost your bet. What Riley is plotting is to sign 2 max free agents and keep Adebayo, Herro, Robinson and Nunn.
Well that´s gonna be hell of an expensive team.

Giannis 38
Butler 36
Oladipo 28 (since I doubt he gets the full max anyway)
Adebayo 28
Robinson 15
Nunn 10
Herro 4
===========
That´s $159M conservatively + 5 more roster spots and assuming they are not keeping Igoudala, who btw is a nice dustchip at $15M.

Makes more sense to consolidate.

Any way you slice it the Mavs should look to clean their roster of the two dead weight contracts that are Powell and Wright right now.
As a result we´d have a max cap slot and a major trade package: MLE + Kleber+ Curry + DFS + Brunson + 18 +31 + future 1sts.

That is easily good enough to get convert into somebody like Westbrook at worst and Beal at best.

Look what Kawhi said to the Clippers: Get me PG13 and I sign. Well what if Giannis said get me Beal (CP3/Westbrook) and I sign. Then you start to desperately fumble around trying to get rid of Powell and Wright, while building a trade package for Beal at the same time.

There is absolutely no harm getting rid of Powell and Wright right now. Carlisle is not using Wright, and we can easily replace Powell with a better value MLE signing.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by Mavs2019 - 10-16-2020, 04:19 PM