Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-16-2020, 10:55 AM)sefant Wrote:
Quote:Dallas

Wants a win-now star and is open to trading anything outside of Luka and KP to get it done. They are a team that is targeting Oladipo as well. They have also reached out to New Orleans about Holiday as well. One of the most aggressive teams on the market. I do think they have a real shot at Holiday as well. He thinks Oladipo is likely to end up in Dallas but there is a mystery team with finance issues that want him as well and might be able to land him. because they have the ability to overpay and get Indy players they covet that they are having trouble getting right now.
Hawks insider that has his own thread. I dont know how credible he is, but he is posting wall of texts about insider stuff on the Hawks forum about literally any team. He has a 200 pages thread, tho i guess it can't be all bullshit. He is kinda posting "too much" stuff to make up stuff tbh.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431653-.../#comments

Very interesting, and all plausible. 

I think we're worried about nothing. I think they've had a plan for years that has been accelerated by Luka. I think they're trying to get involved on the BIG things that are happening, because that's what it would take to push them off of the 2021 space plan. No idea whether any of it will HAPPEN, but it's pretty clear and has been pretty clear for a while that they're thinking BIG. Rightfully so. They have a 21 year old on a rookie deal who's the Vegas favorite for next year's MVP. 

I love it.

So, after skimming most of that thread, I'm pretty convinced that guy DOES have an insider from the Hawks feeding him information. How CORRECT that information is, I don't know. 

But, if he/they are correct, Oladipo's value is way less than what some of his fans on this board believe (a mid 1st round pick) and Dallas is one of two teams considering paying that price. Very interesting, as he's one of the guys who fits into the "take a swing but keep a path to 2021" strategy alive. 

I have a feeling this off-season is going to be nuts.

@"Kammrath" You might have already gone on record about this, but would Oladipo be enough to coax that #18 out of your hands before they're cold and dead? I can't decide, personally. I probably do it for the potential, but I'm also pretty convinced he's not the answer they need to get to the next level.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by KillerLeft - 10-16-2020, 11:05 AM