Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-15-2020, 06:12 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 05:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 05:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: But then I notice that there are rumors about 4-5 teams wanting to trade out of this draft altogether

I am for the Mavs trading #18 and then buying another pick like #26 or 30. I do not think there is much difference in this draft from 10-50.

Do teams still buy late round picks?

(10-15-2020, 05:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think 18 CAN become a good player next to Luka. But I think the Mavs will have an easier time finding a player that IS just as good if not better than whatever we think 18 can be. And we can find that player right now. In the short term. And the Mavs can afford this type of roster building because Luka is on his rookie contract and the Mavs have more space than they ever will with Luka on the roster. We should take advantage of this unique situation.

I think so too. Also Mavs sadly don't value these mid-round picks. Remember we had pick 13 in 2013 and passed on Giannis because he was 3 years away and Mavs wanted to git gud now (Dwight Howard)! They traded down for Shane Larkin (#18 btw!) and the most overrated player on DB.com boards of all time, superstar Ricky Ledo.

It´s funny though.

Everybody thinks of 29 year old Facundo Campazzo as this untapped potential, when 28 year old Shane Larkin is a superstar in European basketball. Last season he led the EuroLeague in scoring, while shooting 56/51/90. If Larkinovic had no priors everybody would be all over him to come to the NBA. Big Grin

More curious case though is Ricky Ledo. He´s bouncing around from team to team, though it seems a bit unclear why, since his raw numbers are actually pretty good, whether it´s EuroLeague, Turkey, Italy or China. He must be Euro Westbrook. In Italy they released him after eight games as the league´s leading scorer. He must be a selfish pain in the a**.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by Mavs2019 - 10-15-2020, 07:34 PM