Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-15-2020, 01:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 01:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: RoCo is 10000 times better than either one.

That's just not true. 

RoCo is AWESOME, but he started to fade this year. His style of play may not age well. AND his three point shooting is worse than both other guys. Both other guys are GOOD, PLUS defenders. They are NOT RoCo, but they do other things he cannot. And they are younger and haven't been ridden hard like RoCo.

I am just nervous about trading #18 for someone who breaks down, when I think you might be able to GET a 3&D guy at 18.

Not really sure how RoCo faded this season. In Minnesota he was the only plus defender in the starting five and had to create his own shot more than ever before in his career. I´d argue that he did a good job on both ends. Averaging 16/7/1 on 57% TS with 2stls/1blk.
In Houston he played full time center. Averaging 13/9/2 on 53% TS. His offense suffered (especially his 3-point shooting, only 31.5% in the regular season) but his ability to play help defense and guard multiple positions was the sole reason why Houstons defense did not collapse. He averaged prime Ben Wallace / Andrei Kirilenko numbers on defense...1.7stls/2.4blks.

In the playoffs teams started to take advantage of the Rockets lack of size but RoCo played as good as anyone could expect. With growing exhaustion Tucker and RoCo started to get dominated in the paint by bigger and stronger players. Rebounding was a big issue and RoCo only averaged 5rebs per game in the playoffs but at least he made up for it on offense. Shooting 50% from 3 on 6 attempts per game.

No doubt in my mind that RoCo is the perfect PF/SF next to KP. He basically is Draymond without the playmaking ability but with a slightly better jumper.
Sadly I still don´t see a way to trade for him. The Rockets won´t rebuild. They might make a few changes but RoCo is probably their best asset apart from Harden. Probably takes more than #18 to get him.

Maybe something like Curry + 18 for RoCo. Or Wright + 18 + 31.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-15-2020, 02:06 PM