Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-15-2020, 01:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 01:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote: #18 might be too rich for me for RoCo and I LOVE him. He is about 30 and really started to look run down. But if he isn't asked to play C he might have lots more in the tank

Lemme get this straight, you'd be more than willing and happy to trade #18 for someone like Schroeder or OPJ, but waiver for trading it for RoCo???

RoCo is 10000 times better than either one. Comparing OPJ to RoCo (since thats the easiest 1-1 comparison) RoCo is what we all wish OPJ could be if we traded for him. And he doesn't have the injury history to worry about. Plus RoCo is locked up to a cost controlled salary, while OPJ will most likely leave in 2021 in the search of a big contract the Mavs won't provide. 

RoCo also makes Maxi expendable. Given that RoCo can effectively guard 1-5 easily.

I love RoCo as well. Any way you would part with Maxi for RoCo? The advantage for Houston is that Maxi is younger, could fit as a 4/5 hybrid. For the Mavs RoCo would be a starting PF and fit better than Maxi did in the playoffs. I think I might do that deal straight-up just bc you net a starter. I would probably not give up 18 as part of that deal.

If you did RoCo for Maxi then you could still use 18 for Schroder potentially. That gives you 6 guys that can start. In this scenario you probably keep Schroder on the bench.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by StepBackJay - 10-15-2020, 01:43 PM