Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-15-2020, 11:56 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: As for the $15 mil+ question...I agree he isn't that player to this point. But, he CAN shoot. He CAN handle, even showing the ability to change direction off the bounce and create a bit. He CAN defend, and with a tall, long, strong body. I'm not saying he's definitely worth that contract, but I think it's very possible that he could be, and that a larger role could yield impressive results. It's a risk, for sure.

You don't trade a first round pick for a guy on an expiring deal unless you intend to resign him (unless you're the Mavs of course).

So Nuggets will want to keep him if for asset management at a minimum. If he's too redundant with other guys you can trade one of them later.

The 2nd problem is that Mavs don't want to sign onto a 15 mil/yr multi-year deal with a non-star anyway. Most of us believe that would be good asset management but we know the MBT loves star chasing. Grant would get in the way of that.

And for those reasons...."I'm out."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by StepBackJay - 10-15-2020, 12:26 PM