Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-15-2020, 11:40 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I would be surprised if Rox would move Covington.

It is very simple. They hit a dead end. They have no more assets to trade, no cap, no picks. So if they want to get better, one (or more) of the core pieces would need to be moved. With this trade proposal they get useful cheap players and a pick. Both Brunson and pick can be used as assets in further trades. 

Forget Wright, makes absolutely no sense for them. Overpaid back up PG that doesn't shoot. They already have one...

(10-15-2020, 11:56 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: As for the $15 mil+ question...I agree he isn't that player to this point. But, he CAN shoot. He CAN handle, even showing the ability to change direction off the bounce and create a bit. He CAN defend, and with a tall, long, strong body.

Denver was also better when he was sitting, which is puzzling. As for MPJ and Grant overlap. They can both play some minutes at SF. Basically Barton, MPJ and Grant split the SF and PF minutes (with Barton able to play some at SG). Enough minutes for everyone. Denver needs to upgrade the SG position. Harris seems like he can't turn it around playing worse every season and is way overpaid. Denver are in a position to be one piece away. Upgrade SG (they have the assets, I would even consider throwing in MPJ for the right piece) and keep the rest of the team and you have a contender.

One deal that could make a lot of sense for everyone involved is Oubre (plus asset) for Grant.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by omahen - 10-15-2020, 11:59 AM