Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-14-2020, 10:21 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 10:17 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 10:02 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: One question: If we trade Wright/Jackson/18 for Schroder, do we get his rights in '21 ?

This way, we could clear cap space for a '21 FA and after we sign one (hopefully one of the better ones) we could use the rights to go over the cap and sign Schroder/THJ (if Cuban is willing to pay). Obviously there's a risk he leaves for a better offer while we chase those big fish.

Luka/KP/'21 FA/THJ/Schroder/DFS/Curry/Maxi is a pretty darn good 8-man rotation.

That was another name I considered.  Just not sure what OKC will do.  The answer is yes, you would have his Bird rights.  His cap hold in 21 would be $23 million.  You would have to forego those rights in order to sign a max guy and as you say, there is no real reason for Schroder to hang around waiting (see Chandler, Tyson).

Perhaps applies to the second go-round (I can't remember), but it doesn't have anything to do with 2011. He walked because we offered him a one-year deal in order to go after DWill and Dwight in 2012 instead of giving him the multiyear deal that he and all of the Mavs' fans except Fifteenth deserved in order for that team to defend their title - and for Dirk to have the best center fit in the entire league next to him for the next few years.

Wait, what? What am I getting accused of here?

Could someone back this bus up that's on top of me for no reason that I can reckon?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by fifteenth - 10-14-2020, 11:20 PM