Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-14-2020, 06:55 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Interesting that the article says "rotational player" and we know they don't want to add money. To me this hints that it's unlikely to be any kind of big move involving THJ or other significant pieces (ie Seth, Maxi, etc).

I'll say it again, draft night I would expect 18 + Wright to be gone.

This is a bit challenging.  Not too many teams are trying to be bad.  But, if we are getting the better player (or a neutral player on a better contract) in exchange for giving up our pick, then our trading partner isn't trying to win.  They are trying to accumulate assets.  There aren't too many of those out there.

I could see Wright/Jackson/18 for D. Rose and Svi making some sense.  Detroit is hurting for help at PG.  Rose is a big enough name to be a little splashy here and he helps move the Wright contract.  I like adding Svi as an outside shooter off the bench.  He's actually the sneaky best part of this deal (kind of like Powell's inclusion in the Rondo deal).  Recall that getting rid of THJ is part of the strategy for 2021 cap room.  We will need a SG at some point.  Svi would be cheap to retain for a role beyond 2021.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-14-2020, 08:10 PM