Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-14-2020, 08:41 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: There's nothing wrong with clearing cap space if you don't make your team WORSE in the process, and there are actually ways they can do it that would make the team BETTER. 
If your plan from the get go is to find deals that help you clear space, you very well could miss out on deals/players that upgrade your team. I don't have a problem with the clear capspace plan as the last avenue to upgrade our team after  we've exhausted every other possibility.

You're limiting the possibilities of what this team CAN be, by limiting the ways you can work. Now, the only limitation I would put on that is signing players over their worth, but not acquiring players over their worth as long as they come attached with the target of such a deal in appropriate valuation.

Do I remember incorrectly or was this clear capspace plan stemmed from the Mavs not even getting a sit down with LeBron because of his saying they didn't have the capspace? Seems like that is the incident that hatched this whole idea.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by ItsGoTime - 10-14-2020, 08:56 AM