Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-13-2020, 11:18 PM)loki Wrote: In that scenario I see $79.3M committed and $29.8M in cap space. I think the difference in our numbers is due to the minimum cap holds. If the minimum scale stays flat, I believe that keeps it at only $898,310.

Code:
KP        $31.7
Doncic    $10.2
Kleber    $8.8
Curry     $8.2
DFS       $4.0
(Powell)  $4.4
#18       $3.0 (120% of rookie scale)
(WCS)     $3.0
Brunson   $1.8
#31       $1.5 (same as Roby deal)
(Min x3)  $2.7

Total     $79.3

Yes.  I agree with your numbers.  I was carrying the minimum salary(s) at a higher level.  Thanks.  

With that knowledge, I now show our current status for 2021 as being $16mm in room (no one leaves except expiring THJ and Jackson, we make both picks and keep the WCS hold).  We need $16.7mm more in room to get to $32.7 ($900k less if we S&T for Giannis).

Here is what I find interesting.  We are actually better off using the S/W on Wright than on Powell if you assume the other one will be traded to create the rest of the room.  S/W Powell and trade Wright creates $13mm worth of room (Powell saves $6.65mm and trading Wright saves $8.525mm).  S/W of Wright and trade of Powell creates $16.7mm...just enough BTW (Wright saves $5.7mm and trading Powell saves $11.1mm).

This is all academic as some here presume Powell is dog meat and has negative value and we've seen two national writers call him a "value contract".  No one knows because no one knows what his return will look like.  Also, some here presume Wright has positive value and some presume it will cost something to move him.  Either way, the cost of Giannis is THJ, Wright and at least one more major contract whether by trade or by S/W.  We've simply moved the conversation from Maxi to Powell.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-14-2020, 06:39 AM