Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-13-2020, 08:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"ItsGoTime" I know you don’t want them to pursue the cap space route, but try to look at the bright side: 

If they’re thinking cap space in 2021, they’re likely looking into guys on expiring deals right now with Wright, Powell, #18, you name it. I would think your guys OPJ and Oubre are both fairly high on that list. If they could pull something off for someone like that, I would think re-signing them, along with THJ, would be a fairly palatable fall back option.
This was immediately what I was thinking of when hearing about them wanting no long term money. Perfect expiring in OPJ!!

I mean, I don't get why they don't have the confidence in themselves to just sign guys to reasonable deals so when the "star" finally does say yes, it's an easy solution to get the money for them. But that's the date we brought I guess and it ain't changing anytime soon unfortunately (not saying I want to rid the team of Donnie, just want his focus changed and for MC to bring in another guy who would have that confidence.).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by ItsGoTime - 10-13-2020, 10:25 PM