Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-13-2020, 06:48 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 05:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The biggest if, by far, is whether or not he decides to leave Milwaukee.
I can't get past this. I don't know what people think Mil isn't doing to TRY to put a winner around him, but that has been all he's said he wants from them.

90% he stays, 4% he's a Mav, 3% he's a Heat, 3% he's somewhere else.

The Bucks have virtually no flexibility. It's not like they're in a position to "just go get player x" with the contracts and cap situation they have. It probably involves a lot of Billy King future mortgaging to do a single thing that will move the needle even slightly. It's a testament to what a tremendous talent Giannis is that they haven't already given up - you don't give up on someone like him, no matter how bleak things look, until it's irretrievably over (see Davis, Anthony).

I basically see three ways Giannis stays in Milwaukee next year: 1) a Billy King trade that works and at least gets GA to the Finals (and keeps all that future mortgaging cheap, at least for now), 2) money actually means far more to him than 'chips, or 3) he's really Dirk in disguise and will tolerate poor management with invincible loyalty and hope. Anything other than that, and he is gone. If we are going to be serious about pursuing him, I fear the Heat *far* more than Milwaukee.

(10-13-2020, 06:56 PM)Hypermav Wrote: In the past Mavs have been mentioned at the front of the line for player X, only to be standing in the wrong line.

That's happened just twice when we had ROY Luka, and we've never had 4th-in-MVP-voting Luka before now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by Scott41theMavs - 10-13-2020, 07:33 PM