Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-13-2020, 06:48 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 05:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The biggest if, by far, is whether or not he decides to leave Milwaukee.
I can't get past this. I don't know what people think Mil isn't doing to TRY to put a winner around him, but that has been all he's said he wants from them. 

90% he stays, 4% he's a Mav, 3% he's a Heat, 3% he's somewhere else.

You might be absolutely correct. 

My objection isn't with predicting the swing will be unsuccessful. That's anyone's guess. I just don't think the Mavericks' profile right now with any free agent is anything close to what it was when they went after Howard, and Giannis, in particular, would make sense here (if he's looking). It's not stupid to keep the option open unless you're passing up something really good to do so. I think people are so gun-shy after Howard and Williams (Fish even tried to sell us on LeBron during a summer when they didn't have cap room, lololol) that they'd prefer not to try. I disagree with that completely, but would of course rather take the bird in hand...that bird had better fly gracefully and sing a pretty song, however.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by KillerLeft - 10-13-2020, 06:54 PM