Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Yes, it's totally understandable that people don't want to get their hopes up this time around. Really, I get that, and I'm experiencing the same doubts. 

But, it's important to understand that this time, we're not getting it from a local guy whose entire living is made generating clicks and interest around the local team. This time, it's an idea that makes sense to people who follow the league on a national level. That doesn't mean it's going to happen, but it's not insane like those other cap space swings were. 

The biggest if, by far, is whether or not he decides to leave Milwaukee. IF he does, it seems extremely logical to me that the Mavericks will have the best shot to get him. He has a relationship with Nelson, he's a huge fan of Luka and has said so, and whether he realizes it yet or not, what Luka offers is exactly what he needs to get to the next level as an offensive player. The hope is that he realizes that his future is not as an on-ball guy at some point soon, if he hasn't already. If he does...this could happen.

More on WCS:

Click on this tweet and read through the replies. There are some Kings beat writers saying some pretty interesting things. It's not gospel, and I still think Carlisle can get him on the right track, but it's all interesting. 

https://twitter.com/JillAdge/status/1316...97154?s=20
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Dec 1?) + Salary Chart | Season (Jan 18?) - by KillerLeft - 10-13-2020, 05:59 PM