Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-10-2020, 12:45 PM)omahen Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 12:27 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: How valuable would it have been to have this guy on the roster instead of Justin Jackson?  Not to mention the recruiting angle...

And I don't think Jrue is a max player, so it doesn't matter if we sign Justin on a multiyear contract

So, lets put Justin on the roster and follow the Powell is a starter theory we discussed the last several pages...

KP/Maxi
Powell/WCS
DFS/Holiday
THJ/Curry
Luka/Brunson

I’m OK running like that for a year.  If Giannis wants to come here, we are basically trading THJ, Wright, what it costs to dump Wright and Maxi to clear the room for him.  That is probably worth it for Giannis.  

But I think that team needs more playmaking.  Do you go after VanVleet (S&T in 2020)?  Wait a year for Jrue (I agree about him being less than a full max)?  Try to trade for him now (good luck).  Try to trade for Oladipo now (more realistic)?  You get the right guy in that playmaker slot and we are pretty darn strong.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-10-2020, 06:26 PM