Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-09-2020, 08:27 PM)loki Wrote: I'd give Curry + 31 for Richardson. I don't know if Philadelphia bites, but they are certainly desperate for shooting. And they can't be looking forward to re-signing Richardson with all those luxury tax payments in their future.

Nooo, milk *them* for a pick. They bite, absolutely, because 1) they need shooting, and 2) Seth and Doc are friggin' family.

Not sure I would even do Seth for Richardson straight up. The latter is a far better defender, but I'm not sure he measures up as a creator, and the shooting is way worse. Consider this - if you trade for Richardson in order to have him start, then you have two non-creators next to Luka locked in (at least for the year) on the perimeter. Unless we sign AD this offseason, or KP develops point guard skills, then you have the same problems as last year. Where that deal becomes attractive is if *we* get picks - plural - back.

The Mavs made at least two major roster errors last year - 1) presuming that Wright was going to be able to succeed off-ball and supplementarily next to Luka in the starting lineup, and 2) thinking that THJ could create his own shot. If the Mavs are going to view THJ as a pure C-and-S guy moving forward, then they have to get that Jrue type in the starting lineup between him and Luka, and also get a monster defender at the four. I see no legitimate future for both THJ and DFS in the starting lineup on a contending Mavs team, I'd rather have DFS there, and THJ is an expensive bench player. If THJ is playing for the Mavs in '21-'22, it had better be at Seth Curry money, or that's some straight up horse poop.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 10-09-2020, 09:07 PM