Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I like WCS a lot, and his contract is great. The other thing that benefits the Mavs is with his 2.2 mil salary that adds an additional filler salary for some trade ideas. One of Boban, WCS is expendable (Boban has 3.5 mil on the books). If you combine WCS/Jackson/Wright you get to a little over 20 mil in a 125% trade match.

WCS in a stand-alone deal is also good to get a smaller piece without using MLE. His salary would much 2.75 mil coming back. I think a lot of teams would be interested in WCS as a rotational big.

My fave trade idea so far is probably Seth for J Rich, even though I love Seth. You would be getting a starting SG for a player you just signed last offseason who is more of a 6th man role.

If you did that trade straight up (not sure if they would need more compensation) you would still have Wright/Jackson/picks to make another move like Oubre.

You have a lineup of Luka, J Rich, Hardaway, Oubre or DFS and KP. One of Hardaway, Oubre or DFS could be moved to the bench. You'd still have MLE for some smaller moves like bringing back Burke.

In 2021 if you strike out on a big fish you have the option to bring back all of J Rich, Hardaway, Oubre (or whoever you get in a Wright + picks package) + MLE.

That would be a productive offseason imo. I am higher on J Rich than some other ppl but I like his fit a lot.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 10-09-2020, 04:11 PM