Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-09-2020, 01:40 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I guess the reason I never saw any value in thinking about what they WILL do is because whatever they DO do will happen whether or not we predict it. So in that sense, it doesn't really matter. I just try to reset at the beginning of the year with an eye toward hoping that what they did do was the right approach and basically temporarily buying into their hype until I feel otherwise is warranted.

That's cool. It's good to know that. I'll try to read through that filter. I can't really seperate the two because I'm always thinking about both, my guesses about what they will do, and what I'd prefer that they do. What I think they're thinking acts as a bit of a governer in my thinking. For example, I'd have a hard time projecting DP as a possible 8 mpg player without a caveot. I'd have to say that, if healthy, there's no way I think the Mavs do that. Or, I'd have to say, "I think DP is an 8 mpg player, but I don't think the Mavs do that unless he's much less of a player than he used to be.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by fifteenth - 10-09-2020, 02:00 PM