Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-09-2020, 12:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Did BWright and Chandler really spend much time playing together that season though? I honestly don't remember, but I would assume not. 

You make a good point about Curry here. We know Carlisle was conflicted about what to do with he and THJ, and that he ultimately decide on THJ in the starting lineup and Curry off the bench. I believe that against some teams, they BOTH would've started in the playoffs, with Powell injured. Not trying to involve yet another polarized political party in the conversation, but I would be very interested in Calrlisle's honest answer to the following question:

We know that starting had a positive effect on Hardaway's play, but was this decision made because A) they KNEW he was going to be here, and to win, they had to maximize HIS value, while Curry was still good coming off the bench, or B) on top of the benefits to Hardaway's usefulness, the staring lineup worked BETTER as a whole with him than it did with Curry in it. 

I suspect the THJ supporters here, like myself, tend to think B, while the haters would lean A. I can't honestly claim to know the answer though. IF Curry IS that 2nd ball handler I've been screaming for, then it's A, because THJ is not. He's an elite floor spacer, nothing more, nothing less.  In that case, I think Hardaway is in Curry's way. But, again, I think it's B. I think they're BOTH floor spacers, and that THJ is actually the better one. 

That's a little convoluted, sorry. I hope it makes sense.

TC and BWright didn't play together much at all. But those weren't the only two players that were toward the basket players. I brought that team up because it makes me wonder if the Mavs are thinking about using more towards the basket gravity than is the current trend. I'm just trying to figure out if they think KP and Powell together can work. Spitballing a bit.

I don't think THJ can be the secondary ball handler. I think Seth might could, but not sure. That "better than Burke" guy that we were talking about might be what we're looking for. But don't know if we can get one.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by fifteenth - 10-09-2020, 01:34 PM