Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-09-2020, 12:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: We know that starting had a positive effect on Hardaway's play, but was this decision made because A) they KNEW he was going to be here, and to win, they had to maximize HIS value, while Curry was still good coming off the bench, or B) on top of the benefits to Hardaway's usefulness, the staring lineup worked BETTER as a whole with him than it did with Curry in it. 

I am not THJ hater, but I think it was A and also a little B. First they thought THJ would be the 6th man, but that kind of players need to be able to create. It was soon clear that THJ is bad at creating, either for himself or other, that's why he was bad in 6th man role and that's why he was bad in NY. On the other hand he is an elite catch and shoot player, much better than Curry because he can shoot higher volume. Curry on the other hand is a bit better at creating, so more suitable for that bench creating job. And to this note - the original starter was meant to be Wright, but was soon replaced by Curry. I think Curry was actually seen as bench guard the day they signed him. Still, as we know, they need a better secondary creator.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by omahen - 10-09-2020, 01:08 PM