Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-09-2020, 10:03 AM)omahen Wrote: To be fair, not many #45 picks really make it and obviously Boston didn't want to invest in him. Mavs were rebuilding and they could afford to slowly develop him. Powell is a very positive presence. Obviously he showed progress and earned respect. Neither of WCS former teams thought that way about him. 
So there's an excuse? WCS has excuses too! We all know what excuses are like. He showed progress? After 3 years of force feeding him coaching and minutes? DP had an upset owner at how the trade he forced worked out going for him, that is most of it.

(10-09-2020, 10:03 AM)omahen Wrote: Hm. "On June 28, 2019, the Kings extended a qualifying offer to Cauley-Stein in order to make him a restricted free agent. The qualifying offer was later rescinded to make more cap space for the Kings to land Cory Joseph 
Hmmmm, "I really think Willie needs a fresh start," the Sacramento Kings center's agent, Roger Montgomery, told the Sacramento Bee's Jason Anderson on Saturday night. "Based on how things have gone for him there in Sacramento, I just think it's time for Willie to move on and we'd really like him to move on." That coin has another side.

(10-09-2020, 10:03 AM)omahen Wrote: They could still keep their starting center for next season on basically vet min contract. Not like he was blocking their tanking efforts. And we are speaking about GSW, who had Bogut, McGee and Bogut again as their centers in last I don't know how many seasons.
Right, they don't think much of the C position so when they decide they are tanking and the Mavs call offering a 2nd for a C on their roster, they have no problem saying yes.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by ItsGoTime - 10-09-2020, 10:49 AM