Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
@"ItsGoTime" I don’t follow your line of thought. I don’t think Powell NEEDS to prove he’s worth a big contract. He already has one. He has a job and role here. I assume he’ll get dropped right back into it, provided he’s healthy enough. 

If he’s a starter again, that means the team really wants to play with two bigs more often than not, and in that scenario, WCS will absolutely get minutes off the bench. 

If both of them are coming off the bench, then yeah, WCS may have some lean times to start the season, and at that point, yes, the team might view Powell’s contract in a way that’s more similar to how it’s commonly thought of around here. Does that incentivize them to give WCS burn AHEAD of Powell? I don’t know, but I would think not, since they’d still be paying Powell more, he’s a team leader, etc.

But, and I can’t stress this enough, injuries (and other unexpected phenomena) WILL happen. This will all work itself out. It’s a good thing to be deep.

I think the two guys most likely to lose minutes to WCS are Boban and Kleber. Boban because he’s not as versatile, and Kleber because while I think he’ll keep the minutes he spends playing WITH Powell, he’ll lose some of the minutes he got playing FOR Powell.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 10-09-2020, 09:46 AM