Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-09-2020, 12:32 AM)omahen Wrote: No he will not Smile WCS will be third center with Powell probably ready from day one of the delayed season start. Maxi, Powell, DFS and KP will take most of PF and C minutes. Of course, there will be games when KP will rest and where WCS could get a chance to prove himself.

Hard to disprove you based on what we saw from when WCS was actually playing with us. I was coming from the idea that what we saw of WCS was a handicapped version. Outside variables that depressed his on-court production and gave us an underwhelming performance. First he was integrating into an entirely new team. The Mavs offense isn't a simple one, and while WCS job in that offense is relatively simple, there is a lot of movement, and build up to make his actions simple. I'm sure there was a learning curve there, and he certainly was learning on the go. I mean heck Carlisle used to give players quizzes on offensive sets. 

Then after he was traded a family member of his suddenly died prematurely. I'm sure that affected him significantly. Enough to keep him out of games. Now be in his shoes. Just got transferred to an entirely new city, in an entirely new organization where you barely know anyone, and then a close family member dies? Thats tough. 

We've seen flashes of what WCS can be at his peak. And those flashes are a Brandan Wright lite with better defense. Basically Powell's role to a T with some upside. IF WCS can actually fill in those shoes THEN Powell's job is in jeopardy. And I believe a training camp and offseason will help WCS immensely with filling out that role. 

(Also, I wouldn't be so sure that Powell is the day 1 starter. KP looked like an All-NBA player when he started at the 5. I think we see the return of Maxi+DP bench mob with WCS and Boban playing spot minutes).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by SleepingHero - 10-09-2020, 01:13 AM