Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-08-2020, 12:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not sure if Boston sees Hayward in their plans moving forward or not, so this might be crazy. But, the more I think about it, the more I feel like he's a target the Mavs would absolutely get excited about.
  • Positionally, he would fit well on the current roster
  • Absolutely provides the secondary playmaker they want, if healthy
  • HUGH expiring contract, so he keeps 2021 path alive
  • could potentially be pretty high on their list of fall back options for the 2021 off season
Let's say they're into this, and let's say Boston wants to move on from him. What would it take to get the deal done, and do the Mavs have enough? If so, could they get it done without including THJ?

Hayward is an interesting name for sure. My issue is that defense would be pretty rough with him, Luka and THJ out there. If Hayward was brought in as a replacement for THJ it might make more sense as I think he would be a clear upgrade over THJ. Also salary-wise I don't see how you get to 34 without giving up some good assets.

Teams are so desperate for talent I think Boston will get a good deal for Hayward. I don't know that the Mavs are desperate enough to send assets for Hayward. That being said if you did THJ + filler for picks that would be an upgrade imo. Boston already has too many guards/wings so I don't know that THJ is much use to them. Maxi might be somebody they like but I don't want to give him up.

I guess I just don't really see a path that makes sense for both teams.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 10-08-2020, 04:06 PM