Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-07-2020, 10:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 10:26 PM)loki Wrote: I like Schroder's fit, but I wish he were under contract for a few seasons instead of expiring. It's not hard to imagine him walking in free agency while we sit around waiting for Giannis to make his decision. If we're giving up #18 I would prefer someone like Aaron Gordon who at least has two years remaining.

I know you don’t want to hear it, but I think the length of Schroeder’s contract is probably one of the more attractive things about him from the Mavs’ perspective.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Mavs front office sees it that way. It could pay off in a huge way, or more likely they will end up with no pick, no Schroder, and no Giannis.

With the whole league going for cap space (and no certainty of where the cap will even be set) I would focus on acquiring as much talent as possible, even if it involves long term salary. As long as the players are worth their contracts the Mavs can stay active in free agency through a sign and trade.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by loki - 10-07-2020, 10:48 PM