Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-07-2020, 05:08 PM)SamStetz Wrote: OPJ

Unfortunately I think it would just take too many assets to trade for his expiring contract. I don't really see why Chicago, who wants to have a better season, would even want to move him unless a really good offer comes their way. I don't think we are prepared to pay that really good offer. In his case I think it makes more sense to wait for free agency.

Actually, if plan flexibility is the moto, why don't we do this:

1. Merge Curry with his father in law in Philly for Richardson. Can Rivers really say no to this deal? :-)
2. Trade Wright/JJ+#18 for Schroeder
3. Sign one or two promising youngsters like Giles or Josh Jackson or perhaps even J. Hernangomez or Jones Jr for MLE. We can even afford to give more years. Or go for vet leadership and sign Milsap

Luka-JRich-THJ-DFS-KP
Brunson-Schroeder-Jones-Maxi-Powell or

Luka-JRich-THJ-Milsap-KP
Brunson-Schroeder-DFS-Maxi-Powell

This gives us a very deep team in 2020 and gazillion options in 2021 while we bring back most of the team back. You can add #31 if we manage to keep it or potential bought picks to the mix. The only problem I have who would be finishing, as I have a problem seeing a lineup of Luka-Schroeder-JRich-THJ-KP together. Perhaps THJ would sit out of those 5 for DFS or Milsap.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by omahen - 10-07-2020, 05:16 PM