Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-07-2020, 03:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: So, for me, the only requirement for that deal to be a success is for the player to be better than what’s available at #18. I don’t think that’s impossible at all.

I think this draft is deeper than you obviously do. I have weighed in that the Mavs should package 18 and 31 to move up a few spots (at least three or so). Unless they completely blow the pick on a no-D guy like Nesmith or Toppin (won't be there), I think it would be pretty difficult to screw it up. I would rather have an inexperienced-but-learning good player on a rookie deal than an experienced player on a big deal, and screw Plan Powder. We should be able to dump Wright using 31 if nothing else. He has some value in the league.

I looked at the FA list again. Would rather have 18 (or moved-up-from-18) than Haywood. Lowry I would take, but you aren't getting him for anything the Mavs have (KP for Siakam and Lowry? Hmmmm....). Gobert, Oubre, Schroder, yes, I would do 18 for them. Jarrett Allen, sure. Dinwidie, sure. All of the rest of the players who are expiring in '21 whom I would consider are valuable players not likely to be available who are on rookie deals.

Come to think of it, I would rather have Nesmith and his poor defense on a rookie deal than do a plan powder move.

I would also trade 18 in a package for Aaron Gordon, but that ain't plan powder.

Screw it - OPJ probably requires 18, especially if the deal doesn't include THJ, and I would likely do that. What I actually said earlier was that I would be annoyed if it looked like the deal could have done without including 18.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 10-07-2020, 03:14 PM