Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-07-2020, 01:01 PM)cow Wrote: Bingo.  We need to stop thinking we elevate role players into more than they are with the teams we are poaching them from.  It's not like the Heat are bad at player development.  If DJJ had defensive value, he'd get run in the playoffs over someone like Iggy, especially now that their bench was shortened due to injuries. DJJ on cheap deal, sure but I'm not going to lose any sleep if he signs somewhere else.

Paul Millsap is my favorite MLE target.  He was productive in the playoffs so I'm not terribly concerned about his age.  He defends, can hit an outside shot and bolsters our big rotation.  He's also a guy that would have taken that Technical Foul instead of KP having to step up to the plate.

Is it possible that the Heat are just stacked and thus its hard for a 23 yr old DJJ to get minutes in the Finals? I am not suggesting DJJ is starting here, I just think there's room for at least one of these prospect-type guys to git gud under the guidance of uncle Ricky.

Millsap would be great but I imagine he will have options including just returning to the Nuggets. They have his bird rights so they can pay him whatever they want.

MBT wants to show they are in "win now" mode but also want max space in 2021 for a third big fish. 

With in mind that I think they do the following:

1. Upgrade Wright with a pick (likely 18) for some expiring veteran out there that is brought in as a starter. This will be Cubes "win now" move. It also will clear off Wright's money in 2021.
2. Bring back Burke + other small moves to shore up some roster holes. Mavs will use MLE money that isn't guaranteed in 2021 or adds only a small amount to '21 books.
3. Probably draft a player with #31 and use part of MLE if they find a player they like there.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by StepBackJay - 10-07-2020, 01:11 PM