Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-07-2020, 11:27 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 11:01 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I think I saw Kamm down on a DJJ idea but I like DJJ a lot. We know Mavs wanted him last summer. He is the type of prospect we want uncle Ricky to get to work on. You bring him in on a cheap deal and have Rick get him to work on an outside shot. He isn't getting much run in the finals because it's the finals and he still needs work. I absolutely believe DJJ will be on the Mavs radar this offseason.

That is what matters to me. On a cheap deal. If that is the case I am cool. However, I just like quite a few prospects in this draft and hope the Mavs don't punt just to reclaim guys like DJJ.

Bingo.  We need to stop thinking we elevate role players into more than they are with the teams we are poaching them from.  It's not like the Heat are bad at player development.  If DJJ had defensive value, he'd get run in the playoffs over someone like Iggy, especially now that their bench was shortened due to injuries. DJJ on cheap deal, sure but I'm not going to lose any sleep if he signs somewhere else.

Paul Millsap is my favorite MLE target. He was productive in the playoffs so I'm not terribly concerned about his age. He defends, can hit an outside shot and bolsters our big rotation. He's also a guy that would have taken that Technical Foul instead of KP having to step up to the plate.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by cow - 10-07-2020, 01:01 PM