Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-06-2020, 05:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 03:54 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Sometimes I wonder if you guys are just trying to wind me up.  Big Grin

Like when somebody wanted three first round picks, Smart, Brown, Theis and the Celtics to eat all our shit contracts for Porzingis.

You got to be a little realistic please.

I´m not even sure the Hornets would accept my deal, but at least it´s not beyond the realms of possibility.

To be fair the #3 proposal was a bit tongue in cheek. I don't realistically expect CHA to throw away a top 3 pick to get rid of a dead weight contract. 

But my point still stands. It makes zero sense for the Mavs to give up key rotation pieces for a top 5 worst player in the league. Batum 5 years ago would be a great fit. Batum now is a shell of himself and cannot stay on the court. Parsons 2.0. 

Which is why I threw out that CHA would be the ones to have to sweeten any deal if they really were clamoring for THJ+Powell and to get rid of Batum's expiring. Maybe Bridges, or Graham and then I'd be more interested.

What if Powell has lost his explosiveness?

He gonna bust out his post-up game, his mid-range game, his long-range game?

The Hornets would take him on trust until 2022.

Elton Brand lost 7 PPG, 3 RPG, 1 APG and 1 BPG for the three seasons after his achilles injury and then his career was basically over at age 33.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Mavs2019 - 10-06-2020, 05:26 PM