Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-06-2020, 01:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: So, the common ground here for ALL of us, I think, is that we want to see the team change the way they view the draft. I think we'd all agree that they have thrown opportunities for young talent in the trash a few too many times in the past by constantly making deals with their picks.

Having said that, if we're being honest, we can also find common ground on the concept that there IS a level of player we'd rather have than whomever might be available at #18. I mean, that level might be different from person to person around here, but we can ALL imagine SOMEONE in the league we'd rather the Mavs get than even our wildest speculation about what the best case scenario is for any of the #18 guys. Right?

I'm doing my best to keep an open mind and to try to figure out what the Mavs might be thinking right now. If they do something I think is stupid, I'll say so, but after almost a decade of total ineptitude, the front office has put together about 20 months of what I consider to be greatness. They are currently getting the benefit of the doubt from me.

Yeah, they lost 80% of my Luka-KP benefit of the doubt with last summer's debacle.

That said, I'm on record as saying, they got needs, and if they believe that trading the draft pick meets one of those needs, I'm all for it - presuming they believe the guy they could get at 18 isn't good enough. I believe that, while this draft is short on future stars, it's chock-full of potential role-player starters, which the Mavs need. I would prefer they combined 18 and 31 to move up (oh, the bangheads if they did that and then traded that pick for another player) and get a better choice of contributors, but if the guy they get in trade is good, it's alright. I would also like to see Cuban follow through on his "We're buyers" comment and buy a pick in the 20s. Plenty of good talent (ahem TIGER BAY) in that range at a cheap price.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 10-06-2020, 02:19 PM