Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-06-2020, 10:55 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 10:01 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I have a feeling they want Lee to play here again.

How in the world will we have a roster spot for him? Guess that means we're draft-and-stashing Aleksej.

Good question, and I think he's probably a "last thing they do, maybe" sort of situation, and not a priority. 

But, I still put the chances of them trading one or both of those picks at around 50%, at least. I'm not saying it's what I'd do, necessarily (would have to know the deal), but it wouldn't be shocking for the Mavs, would it? And, it's easy to imagine them sending more players out than they bring back in a deal, even if they keep the picks and draft people. Finally, I wouldn't be shocked if they don't use the MLE, tbqh. 

I think many options are in play for them right now, and I think Lee is very likely to WANT to be here, and on a minimum deal. Tbh, I think he's probably one of the better values at that price point on the market right now. They seem to really value his experience and leadership, and I don't think he played badly when he got minutes the past two seasons. I mean, I don't see him as a top-9 playoff rotation dude, but he can have all of Jackson's minutes and do more with them, imo. Good insurance with experience. He IS a 3&D wing. 

I think it's something in their hip pockets that they'll jump on if they have the roster spot when the dust clears.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 10-06-2020, 11:10 AM