Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-06-2020, 12:18 AM)cow Wrote:
SamStetz dateline='<a href="tel:1601957198">1601957198</a>' Wrote: As doubtful as it is, could OPJ opt out of his contract in agreement with Chicago to S&T him to Dallas? Dallas would have to agree to give him a deal longer than one year for more money than he’d get as a FA, but this could be a way to get him on a winning team and convince Chicago to help him out to get back some “value” (Wright + Jackson + 31)

I don’t want to trade THJ for OPJ. Dallas would be far better off having both players here compared to just one. But the salary makes it difficult to find a reasonable trade.

I’ve seen it mentioned that the MLE addition could be used in a trade at the deadline, but what if OPJ has a healthy and very productive season? Then the cost to acquire him goes up and potentially takes Dallas out of the running or costs one of Maxi/Curry/Brunson (who I attempt to retain in any OPJ trade, although maybe you could convince me to part with Brunson).

*More to come...researching numbers***

He's making 28.5M this year. I don't think he'll come close to getting a contract with those type of yearly numbers again and if he does, I hope we had no part in it. No way he opts out.
I agree 100%, He would be crazy to opt out since his next deal likely won’t be anywhere close to the 28.5 he makes, but I hope Dallas is the one who pays him his 28.5 this season Smile
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by SamStetz - 10-06-2020, 12:25 AM