Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
There was a "popular" trade on the TradeNBA site posted by a Sixers fan that had the Sixers sending us JRich and two second round picks (36 and 49) for Curry. Since so many folks rate JRich above Curry here, I kinda chortled that the Sixers guy was giving us picks, but the grass is greener I suppose. I don't know a whole lot about him, but he must be a damn good defender given how highly people rate him and how rotundly mediocre his offensive stats are. In any event, if the Sixers have any pressure from Rivers to reunite him with his son-in-law, then sure, you could easily milk them of those picks. Sixers need shooting if they're going to try to build around Embiid/Simmons (which I think is a pretty stupid idea, but which Doc indicated they plan to do).

So, a little fun with that - let's say the Mavs did that one, and were also able to trade Wright/Powell/JJ/18 for Porter. Then they buy a pick in the 20s. 

KP/WCS/Bobi
OPJ/Maxi/pick
JRich/DFS/pick
THJ/Burke/pick
Luka/Brunson/pick

Two huge contracts coming off the books in '21, and perhaps they hit on a pick or two. Do you all think this is a better team that what we fielded this past year?

How about if we were able to do the Porter deal with 31 instead of 18, and instead used the 18 and THJ to do the Hield deal? I don't like that as much because I'd rather keep 18 if we were able to keep it getting Porter, and because I prefer the big '21 room. BTW, those saying the Mavs aren't parting with Powell, if they are dumb enough to view him as an untouchable cornerstone, they have problems.

With that above roster, I didn't even get into how they could use the rest of the MLE, which they might be willing to do with THJ/OPJ expiring.

How about KL's OPJ deal (no 18), IGT's Hield deal (no 18, but rather they give us 12 to take Hield's contract)? You don't have near the room in '21, but you could package 12 and 18 to move up for a player you are really convinced could help *or* use them to get two pretty good players at those picks, *or* package those picks with something else to get back a really good player.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Scott41theMavs - 10-05-2020, 08:08 PM