Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-05-2020, 07:18 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 07:08 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 01:15 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: In my opinion Porter is in the "good starter" category. The great thing about him is that he is a net positive on offense and defense. Really balanced skill set and impact.
Looking at the asking price I would give up any combination of THJ,Wright, Jackson and 2nds. Not willing to give up a 1st for an expiring contract.

I personally don't know of anyone saying anything different than this. THIS is why people want him.

Really...looking at the last few pages of this thread I saw names like Oladipo, Hayward and RoCo being compared to him. Especially his defense is getting overrated. I understand that people only make the comparisation because of a potential decline of the mentioned guys but it´s not like Porter comes without any question marks.
If you are telling me that we can get him for THJ and #31 I am all in. Especially if the Mavs can get some kind of agreement when it comes to a contract extention next year.
But some people are proposing to use all remaining assets (Mavs really don´t have a lot) in a Porter trade. I would hate to see the Mavs waste this years 1st for a one year rental of Porter.
For salary purposes we'd have to do THJ and JJ. After that, I proposed a 2023 second to make Chi whole on their trade to get him with draft picks. I believe that would mostly beat any offer there is for OPJ, and if they didn't think so, I'd throw in another second and so on to the point where I would have no problem giving up the 2025 first. Beyond that I would say, OK, we'll just compete for him in FA after he then knows how much we wanted him.

Edit: While I don't think his defense is on par with RoCo, I think his contribution to offense on this team would be greater than RoCo's. I said previously that we need 3 guys like Smart, RoCo, OPJ, Jrue etc (even adding DoDo to that list) that can be great defenders that bring different other skillsets to balance out the starting unit.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by ItsGoTime - 10-05-2020, 09:01 AM