Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-04-2020, 01:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think OPJ makes them better, I'm just wondering whether they'd see him as THE missing piece.
I have been trying to present him as A missing piece, not THE missing piece. I don’t want another star type player on this team to get his talent (or one of the 3’s talent) watered down. If they think of THJ as THE missing piece, I don’t know what to say about that other than some Scott inspired rant. Two stars is great with 3 guys like Smart, OPJ and RoCo (Jrue and others too) that can do most things at a high level with differing focuses. 

We have the hardest part figured out, I don’t get why this is made to be so much tougher (citing Dirk’s career as all the evidence needed). If they wouldn’t wet themselves to turn THJ into OPJ (if it would indeed be a possibility) with not much else than THJ and a first, that would be a big mistake and is easily citable for team building ineptitude.

How is that overrating OPJ?

(10-04-2020, 01:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Right around the time RoCo was available, Harper asked an assistant coach about him (can't remember which one, sorry). The guy pointed to DFS and said "DoDo is better, anyway."
Too much fast forwarding for me, I guess I need to slow it down a bit more than I have been. I can’t believe any coach that has no skin in the game actually believes that. If that type mentality is clouding our judgements on who we need to get, those people need to be purged. Why can’t DoDo and RoCo play on the same team, even on the same starting lineup? If we didn’t at least try to get in on that deal to see if they would bite all because “DoDo is better”...see above.

(10-04-2020, 01:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: You're confusing me with someone else @ItsGoTime. We all think the defense needs to improve, sure, but I've been beating the "secondary playmaker" drum for the past month. 
Your first many posts were about not needing another big, but getting more wings that can shoot and guard the perimeter. What is that if not OPJ?

(10-04-2020, 01:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What's interesting to me is trying to figure out what THEY think, not trying to figure out how they can make what WE want happen in real life. I'm definitely not intending to ruin the fun for anyone else though, so I'll shut up for a while.
So all you find interesting is predicting what they WILL do, not what they SHOULD do. That’s cool, I get it, it just helps me realize what mindsets are thinking about when they defend the FO saying “What else should they have done?”

Not trying to throw shade on that train of thought, as I try to mostly understand where a person is coming from. Is it ok to you for someone to bring to the table something they believe to be an avenue that tremendously helps this team? I know it is, so that is for sure rhetorical.

so I'll shut up for a while”, please, please, pretty please don’t. You are for sure one of my favorite reads, even when I get frustrated with how wet that blanket is!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by ItsGoTime - 10-04-2020, 03:55 PM