Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
You're confusing me with someone else @"ItsGoTime". We all think the defense needs to improve, sure, but I've been beating the "secondary playmaker" drum for the past month. 

I think OPJ makes them better, I'm just wondering whether they'd see him as THE missing piece. Let's say they trade for him...you realize they're just going to let him walk for cap space, right? Even if they strike out on everything they like better with that space, do you really think their fall back will be breaking him off some big guaranteed contract to keep him here as a 3 and D player? If they did opt to do that, do YOU think that makes them contenders? 

I'm just asking questions. I like the player, and if healthy, I see how he fits. I just don't think they're one, high-priced 3&D guy away, especially if the dude he replaces is their most effective catch and shoot guy.

I can see them targeting a player LIKE OPJ with the MLE, maybe.

(10-04-2020, 01:49 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Do we know how they felt about RoCo last year? 

Remember Harper talking about this on the telecast last year? 

Right around the time RoCo was available, Harper asked an assistant coach about him (can't remember which one, sorry). The guy pointed to DFS and said "DoDo is better, anyway."

I just think, right or wrong, they believe they can find that type of guy on a cheaper contract. It's just a feeling I have, obviously. No concrete info other than their track record.

Also, honestly not sure if the Harrell rumors were even true, but if they were/are, half the stuff I think about the way the team should be built (and what I've written about here) in terms of how the front court should work has to be thrown in the trash. 

IF they like Harrell as a potential starter (big if), then I'm 100% positive they see OPJ as being too similar to DFS. I don't feel that way, but IF they like Harrell, then it seems like they REALLY want to have a 2-big lineup be among their best options.

lol, sorry to be a "wet blanket." 

What's interesting to me is trying to figure out what THEY think, not trying to figure out how they can make what WE want happen in real life. I'm definitely not intending to ruin the fun for anyone else though, so I'll shut up for a while.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by KillerLeft - 10-04-2020, 01:59 PM