Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-04-2020, 10:18 AM)SamStetz Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 10:16 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 10:11 AM)SamStetz Wrote: Another way to accomplish the same trade would be to agree to the deal before a draft of Wright + Jackson + 18 + 31 for OPJ + 44. Dallas would sign 18 and 31, wait for 30 days and then use their salary to match OPJ. 

It would take a lot of agreement and waiting around which could hurt the deal a little, but it allows you to still accomplish the same trade just 30 days later due to draft pick trading and salary matching rules
I believe you can trade the signing rights to a player you drafted and haven't signed yet at the beginning of FA, which makes the wait less, which in turn makes the deal more viable, still not probable due to the nature of it not really being done before...that we know of.
You can trade the signing rights, but I believe they count as $0 salary toward the trade. By signing them first, you are able to salary match without needing to include a Curry/Maxi/Courtney S&T as part of the deal because you’d be able to salary match with the now signed draft picks
Now you're assuming that their salary puts this deal over the top when the trade machines are doing something screwy, which honestly, I don't believe Wright + JJ + any amount of rookie salary = trade salary match for OPJ.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by ItsGoTime - 10-04-2020, 10:27 AM