Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-04-2020, 09:58 AM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 09:34 AM)SamStetz Wrote: Originally I did not think this would work salary wise, but tradenba.com says that Wright + Jackson for OPJ is legal. If that’s the case, I’m willing to put 31 in there, or at least swap second rounders with them for this draft

From another trade checker:
"Due to Dallas being under the cap and choosing to invoke the Cap Room rule, Dallas could not go over the cap by more than $100,000 of post-trade Team Salary, which did happen here.

Due to Chicago being under the cap and choosing to invoke the Cap Room rule, Chicago could not go over the cap by more than $100,000 of post-trade Team Salary, which did happen here.

This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement."

I bet this assumes THJ does not opt-in which could allow Mavs to stay under the cap to absorb OPJ's deal. Assuming THJ does opt-in I don't think this would be a legal trade.
I thought something was off with that. Thanks for checking! Tradenba.com still has the trade as legal when you accept THJ player option so something else must be off on their site right now. 

Another way to accomplish the same trade would be to agree to the deal before a draft of Wright + Jackson + 18 + 31 for OPJ + 44. Dallas would sign 18 and 31, wait for 30 days and then use their salary to match OPJ. 

It would take a lot of agreement and waiting around which could hurt the deal a little, but it allows you to still accomplish the same trade just 30 days later due to draft pick trading and salary matching rules
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by SamStetz - 10-04-2020, 10:11 AM