Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-03-2020, 05:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"cow" we're not having the same conversation. 

I responded to a hypothetical trade you offered (you meant it as a joke, I think). I don't want to trade for OPJ. Don't care. Not interested. I don't want to move on from Powell at all costs. Don't care. These are not my goals. The point of my response is that I'd ONLY make such a deal in those one-sided circumstances, which, I agree, aren't likely to present themselves. 

I think Powell and Wright DO have value for some teams, as do #18 and #31. I KNOW Kleber, DFS, Curry, Brunson and THJ have more value than the hive mind here thinks they represent, both to the Mavs and to other teams. 

All I'm saying is that if I'm the Mavs, I'm looking for MY deal, and that the "then you're not going to make ANY deals" response is NOT a problem for me. I am fine if WCS opts in, they bring back Burke on a team friendly deal and they draft a couple of players who have a chance at NBA careers. I need nothing else to be excited for next season.

Anything they do past that is gravy, and it had better be no-brainer level stuff.
Eh. Burke would be such a meh-signing, even for the minimum. He´s 27 years old. They released him last summer.

Now they change their mind, because he had an eight game hot streak and blind-sided a couple of teams (nobody game-planned for him) with 12/4 in 24 MPG.

Maybe if we trade Brunson. Otherwise it makes no sense. All the back-up minutes need to go to Brunson, who is three years younger and already at a consistently higher performance level.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart - by Mavs2019 - 10-03-2020, 05:42 PM